Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: May 1999:
[aclug-L] Networks and mail servers

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Networks and mail servers
From: Ryan Claycamp <ryanc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 06 May 1999 01:12:23 -0500

Like Troy, I too am working on the server at my company.  I convinced them
to run Linux and I have started building a Debian 2.1 system with Samba.  We
want to use M$ Outlook on the Windows NT workstations as an Intranet mail
system.  The network domain is COMPANYNAME.com and the server is
SERVER.COMPANYNAME.com.  I actually have mail working, using smail and
ipop3d, and can get Outlook to see my mail on the Linux box using SERVER as
the mail server.  This is great, but I am wondering how I would configure it
so Outlook gets the mail from mail.COMPANYNAME.com?

TIA,
Ryan