Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: May 1999:
Re: [aclug-L] what to save

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [aclug-L] what to save
From: John Phillips <jphillip@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 May 1999 07:59:22 -0500 (CDT)

Set up /home on a separate partition during your re-build.  Make a
/home/software directory and copy the ziped tar files you downloaded,
from say CPAN, into it so you can get the "customization" of your
system back without remembering all of the special "packages".
/etc/XF86Config is another file to save a copy of in /home/software.