Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: May 1999:
[aclug-L] what to save

To: <aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [aclug-L] what to save
From: "spiff" <spiff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 May 1999 23:15:00 -0500

Tomorrow evening I plan to rebuild an existing linux machine.  My question
is can anyone think of things I should save other then /home/users* that I
might need with a fresh install of Debian?  I have also saved a few things
out of /etc and my /var/log files.  But I am curious if there is anything
that I am forgetting that anyone can think of.  Hoping this will pretty much
be as painless as possible and afford the least amount of downtime, while
getting rid of several mistakes I have made in setting this box up
originally.

tia,
Seth