Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: April 1999:
RE: [aclug-L] LINUX hardware

To: "'aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx'" <aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [aclug-L] LINUX hardware
From: Michael Holmes <maholmes@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 11:38:12 -0600

-----Original Message-----
From:   Tom Hull [SMTP:thull@xxxxxxxx]
Sent:   Tuesday, April 27, 1999 10:04 PM
To:     aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Jesse Kaufman wrote:

> Leon Do wrote:

> > 3.  If you know any good book for Linux system administration, please
> > let me know.
>
> i have Using Linux, which comes w/ RedHat 5.1 (last i checked), and it is
> a really nice book...  fat as can be, but for a decent price...

I think Jochen Hein's "Companion for Linux System Administrators"
is very good: clear, well structured, packed, but with little
filler or dumbing down.

[Michael Holmes]
AS crazy as it seems, what about the redhat manual on the CD?  or the how
to's.  I've been looking in them lately.  I did not realize how simple they
explained things.  (hint: use the index at back!)  These are already paid
for and included!

Mike
--
/*