Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: April 1999:
Re: [aclug-L] linux hardware

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [aclug-L] linux hardware
From: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 28 Apr 1999 10:09:23 -0500

Leon Do <ldo@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> 2.  Can you tell me how to use  rewritable cdrom?  I just bought those
> but haven't figure out how to use it.

The program you want it "cdrecord".  There is also a writable CD HOWTO
out there someplace, I think, but not sure.  If you have an IDE drive,
you'll also need to enable SCSI emulation in the kernel.  And in any
case, you'll need to enable the "SCSI generic" (sg) devices in the kernel.

--
John Goerzen   Linux, Unix consulting & programming   jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx |
The 1,200,895th digit of pi is 2.