Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: April 1999:
Re: [aclug-L] linux hardware

To: "aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [aclug-L] linux hardware
From: "Maverick, Ven-Han Ieong" <vhieong@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 00:47:13 -0600 (CST)

On Sat, 27 Mar 1999, Leon Do wrote:

->I have several questions:
->
->1.  What is the good video card and sound card out there that I can buy
->to run under RedHat 5.2?
->      or just tell me what you are using right now.
I am using ATI-Rage Pro PC2TV(Rage II chipeset) 8M, working good.($90 a
year ago), which is using Mach64 server on Xwindows.
And Sound Blaster 16 (a used one from newsgroup about $8 or something)

->
->2.  Can you tell me how to use  rewritable cdrom?  I just bought those
->but haven't figure out how to use it.
uh..not sure, but my friend got it working, he told me that he is using
xcdroast or something like that.. please correct me, if I am wrong.

->
->3.  If you know any good book for Linux system administration, please
->let me know.
the book I am reading is from OReilly  & Associates, Essential System
Administration, 2nd, AEleen Frisch, $34.95, I am not sure you can find it
in the local bookstore(like Border..etc), if so, you can check it, b4 you
buy.

->
->Thanks
->