Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: March 1999:
Re: [aclug-L] Dialup (ppp)

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [aclug-L] Dialup (ppp)
From: "Jeffrey L. Hansen" <jhansen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 18:13:24 -0600

I'm pretty hesitant to change the kernel at this stage. You hit the nail on the head when you said that it went pretty smoothly once you knew what was going on. I don't have a clue what's going on yet. I did just learn not to be too happy just because I solved one problem. This one looks like a dilly.

I'll check the link when I get home. Dale told me that sktc uses pap, so that's another thing I'll need to address when I get the silly thing to dial.

The part about the missing IP address is because there's a field following the ppp0 listing under servers that's empty. It seems like it needs the address. When I double click it I get the configuration box to put the phone number, username, etc. in. Just looks a little fishy.

jeff