Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: March 1999:
Re: [aclug-L] Dell 486s

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [aclug-L] Dell 486s
From: Bob Deep <bobd@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 1999 14:28:48 +0000

Jeff wrote:

> Whoever it was that said, "Don't plan on upgrading those Dells without a
> sledgehammer" wasn't kidding!  If I find who designed these cases, I'll
> ... well, I dunno what I'd do to them.  Here's the story:

<snipp>.

> Time to yank the drive into a different computer ;)
>
> To be continued...

For about $350 you can have a Celeron 333 with 32Meg Ram(or better)
system if you don't mind trying to get all the salvage parts out of the
Dell (Hard Drive, floppy, mouse, keyboard, monitor) in one peice..

I can point you in the direction of some parts, or do the upgrade for
you...

-= Bob =-