Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: March 1999:
[aclug-L] Adobe acrobat reader..to read .pdf files.

To: Linux users group questions <aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [aclug-L] Adobe acrobat reader..to read .pdf files.
From: maholmes <maholmes@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 1999 03:56:33 -0700

Hey, you can go to "www.adobe.com"   and click get adobe acrobat
reader.  Choose linux, then down load.

Then  gzip -d ac302lin.tar.Z

Then tar -xvf ac302lin.tar

Then answer the questions, and please write wat directory it goes to (I
forgot and spent an hour searching!)  Then ./install  (i catuall used
midnight commander and just double clicked on the install file ---it has
the   *  .) I already had the mc running as I had learned to use it with
the hour of free experience of LOOKING FOR MY MISSING PROGRAM!!!   Then
just link it and your set to go.

It is a free program, they just need you to register.  Which will help
us if then get enough registraions, they will make more LINUX ports.

Mike  Holmes