Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: March 1999:
Re: [aclug-L] Adobe acrobat reader..to read .pdf files.

To: Linux users group questions <aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [aclug-L] Adobe acrobat reader..to read .pdf files.
From: "Clint A. Brubakken" <cabrubak@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 1999 10:47:41 -0600 (EST)

there are other pdf viewers that are free (rms) and open source (esr).
A good one is xdpf, which will not as clear as acrobat reader,doesn't
crash like it ither (and this is with "Solaris 7 with Acrobat Reader", its
preinstalled and still crashes)

On Mon, 29 Mar 1999, maholmes wrote:

> Hey, you can go to "www.adobe.com"   and click get adobe acrobat
> reader.  Choose linux, then down load.
>
> Then  gzip -d ac302lin.tar.Z
>
> Then tar -xvf ac302lin.tar
>
> Then answer the questions, and please write wat directory it goes to (I
> forgot and spent an hour searching!)  Then ./install  (i catuall used
> midnight commander and just double clicked on the install file ---it has
> the   *  .) I already had the mc running as I had learned to use it with
> the hour of free experience of LOOKING FOR MY MISSING PROGRAM!!!   Then
> just link it and your set to go.
>
> It is a free program, they just need you to register.  Which will help
> us if then get enough registraions, they will make more LINUX ports.
>
> Mike  Holmes

| The Cheez-Czar  http://www.hackboy.com/~cabrubak    |
So many stupid people... so few comets.