Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: March 1999:
Re: [aclug-L] ISPs?

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [aclug-L] ISPs?
From: Bob Deep <bobd@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 1999 14:08:49 +0000

John Reinke wrote:

> I believe that all of Wichita would be sharing one *outgoing* T1, but yes,
> it doesn't sound like it will be nearly as fast as they want you to
> believe. Hype is everything. I'm sure they plan an NT bottleneck on top of
> everything else, too. The only time I went to their web site, I got a few
> Frontpage errors...

Hmmm..  They do seem a bit on the dense side I suppose.. I got a bunch
of junk when trying their site too.. You would think that with their
starting the service in a month they would be a bit better connected by
now and have some better FAQ's and tech support ready.

My company was trying to figure out if we could use them as a high
bandwidth connection to various offices arround town... We could just
set up a VPN and presto, 10BT connections to home might be possible for
$90/month...  They mignt not like that though..

-= bob =-