Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: January 1999:
Re: [aclug-L] New ACLUG Linux Resource!

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [aclug-L] New ACLUG Linux Resource!
From: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 1999 18:37:50 -0600

On Sat, Jan 16, 1999 at 07:23:19AM -0600, Nate Bargmann wrote:

> Looks great!
>
> Does suffer from small font syndrome on this end, but I am using 75 dpi
> fonts on an 800x600 display.  I think I'm gonna play with Xfstt a bit
> this weekend to see if I can improve that.

Oh sure, ruin my fun :-)

Actually, try Edit -> Preferences -> Appearance and set the font sizes to 14
and 12 points, respectively.  That ought to help.

Hopefully it is not as bad as all the FrontPage sites you see, because I
used relative font sizes instead of absolute ones (this is what you're
supposed to do anyway).  So basically, it's telling the browser "Go one step
smaller" instead of tell it "go to this one particularly tiny font".

> Now we know what you've been up to since Christmas, eh John?

Hehe :-)

The Makefile that generates all the ACLUG pages is now looking particularly
scary.  Those of you that have used Makefiles may want to examine it at
http://www.aclug.org/Makefile if you're curious about what happens when
people try to make Makefiles do more than they're supposed to :-)

--
John Goerzen   Linux, Unix consulting & programming   jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx |