Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: November 1998:
Re: [aclug-L] Phi Samba Jamma

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [aclug-L] Phi Samba Jamma
From: "Carl B. Davis" <cdavis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 1998 17:24:57 -0600

Little bit more detail on my problem:

I did a little more work on this problem and used the suggestions I have
received so far.  During initialization, there are a whole string of "J:
command not found" messages.  They all relate to the files in
/etc/rc.d/rc3.d/***.  For example, during startup it runs through to start
networking, then I get the following:

/etc/rc.d/rc3.d/S10network:    J:  command not found
Disabling IPv4 packet forwarding

.... (blah, blah, blah) to

./ifup:    J: command not found

.... (blah, blah, blah, it finds the network card NE2000 clone, ok ...) then

./ifup:    J: command not found
SIOADDRT: Invalid argument
/etc/rc.d/rc3.d/S11portmap:     J: command not found
starting portmapper:  portmap
/etc/rc.d/rc3.d/S15nfsfs:    J:  command not found

.... And so on.  I tried typing in S15nfsfs and S10network, and they are not
executables or commands so I get the message "command not found".   The files
are there, right where they are called for in the directory, but they
apparently don't do what they are supposed to do.

How can I test if Samba is working if I'm not sure if my other computers are
properly configured either?

Thanks for your help.

Carl