Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: October 1998:
Re: [aclug-L] Modem configuration question

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [aclug-L] Modem configuration question
From: Greg House <ghouse@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 1998 13:09:42 -0500 (CDT)

Ok, I got things fixed.  My modem actually did have a strap for IRQ 9,
and it was set that way.  I don't know if it worked with Linux thinking
it was IRQ 2 or not, because I noticed that the default setting (IRQ 3)
actually wasn't in use, so I just changed it to 3 while I had the box
open to check it.

After that, I just used Slackware's pppsetup script and plugged in the
it's my expectations, but Netscape seemed faster under Linux then W95.

Here's my question: If the /dev/cua devices are obsolete, why are they
all that's included in the rc.serial file that Slackware gives you?  It
doesn't have any of the /dev/ttyS* names.

Anyway, thanks to everyone for all the help, it always feels good to
get something working that you've struggled with.

Greg