Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: September 1998:
[aclug-L] Redhat 5.1 Installation

To: ACLUG-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Redhat 5.1 Installation
From: jeffrey.hansen@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 1998 22:05:11 -0500

I'm afraid I'm too dim to figure out what I did wrong.  I've got the system
installed and "working" but can't access my cdrom.  I found, on another
installation of 5.1, that there was a redirection to "hdc" for some reason.
On that one all we did was move the file hdc to cdrom and it worked.  I
tried that on my machine but had no luck.  I'm using an Adaptec 2940U with
a Panasonic 20x and even installed the system using it.  Now it's
inaccessable.  Also, I'm not sure what to do to make a dual processor
Kernel.  I noticed that I can recompile for multi support, but the Redhat
book doesn't get into explicit instructions about that.  I'm also trying to
set up ppp for my ISP (sktc.net) but that's also causing me mental
oscillation.  The whole problem is that I'm trying to keep up with studies
so I can't invest time exploring for answers and I really need to have it
availible for use with school.

I would really appreciate help from anyone who doesn't mind working with a
real slow mind.

Thanks,
Jeff