Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: September 1998:
Re: [aclug-L] Redhat 5.1 Installation

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [aclug-L] Redhat 5.1 Installation
From: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 21 Sep 1998 16:49:24 -0500

For an Adaptec controller, you have a SCSI CD-ROM, so it is not at
/dev/hd*; rather, it's at /dev/scd*; most likely /dev/scd0.

You ought to be able to mount it with this command:

mount -t iso9660 /dev/scd0 /cdrom

If that works, you can make a symlink (using "mv" on /dev entries can
be disastrous; never do that!) like this:

cd /dev
rm cdrom                    # remove existing value
ln -s scd0 cdrom            # set a symbolic link

Now, you can mount it using this command:

mount -t iso9660 /dev/cdrom /cdrom

And, of course, to unmount with  any of these, use:

umount /cdrom

John

--
John Goerzen   Linux, Unix consulting & programming   jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx |