Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: September 1998:
[aclug-L] SAMBA compile problems

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] SAMBA compile problems
From: Steven Saner <ssaner@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 1998 17:53:27 -0500

I am trying to compile SAMBA and I get the following compiler error:

cc: Internal compiler error: program cc1 got fatal signal 6
make: *** [smbpass.o] Error 1

It is really kind of evil sounding and I can't find any help in the
FAQs. Can anyone here make a suggestion? Here are the specs for what
I'm compiling this on:

i486 DX4-120 16MB
Linux version: 2.0.30
Dist: Slackware 3.4
gcc version: 2.7.2.3
libc version: 5.4.33

The same thing happens on a system with the exact same specs except:
iPentium 200 MMX 64MB

The smbpass.c file that it dies on comes after successfully compiling
about 40 other files.

Thanks for any help.

Steven Saner                            SouthWind Internet Access, Inc.
ssaner@xxxxxxxxxxxxx                    Technical Support
http://www2.southwind.net/~ssaner       support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                        http://www.southwind.net
                                        263-7963 Wichita  (800)525-7963