Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: September 1998:
Re: [aclug-L] SAMBA compile problems

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [aclug-L] SAMBA compile problems
From: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 20 Sep 1998 18:19:29 -0500

Steven Saner <ssaner@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I am trying to compile SAMBA and I get the following compiler error:
>
> cc: Internal compiler error: program cc1 got fatal signal 6
> make: *** [smbpass.o] Error 1

Does it always abort on the same file?  That is, if you retry the
compilation again (type make), does it abort at the same place?

If so, then you may have encountered a compiler or libc bug.

> gcc version: 2.7.2.3
> libc version: 5.4.33

You may want to try gcc 2.8.1, but I'm not sure if it will work no a
libc5 system or not.

--
John Goerzen   Linux, Unix consulting & programming   jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx |