Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: September 1998:
Re: [aclug-L] BRAND SPANKIN' NEW HDD!!!!!!!!!

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [aclug-L] BRAND SPANKIN' NEW HDD!!!!!!!!!
From: Cheez-Czar <cabrubak@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 1998 12:10:30 -0500 (CDT)

maybe 500 /tmp out of there, or make it a symbolic link to /home/tmp
( make sure /home/tmp is mode 777 (world, group, user readable writable
and executable)

I ran into a problem without either tryting to install the debian netscape
package (which requires you to d/l netscape and put it in /tmp) and X
write files to /tmp, so when it wasn't writable by world only root could
start X, I doubt you'd need the whole 500, but as you have room be safe.

| The Cheez-Czar  http://www.cs.twsu.edu/~cabrubak     |