Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: September 1998:
Re: [aclug-L] "Let there be sound"

To: <aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [aclug-L] "Let there be sound"
From: "Jesse Kaufman" <kaufmjes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 1998 11:33:08 -0700

ok, so how do i go about obtaining these "bleeding-edge" kernels, and how do
i go about upgrading my existing one to 2.1.x?  also, is there anyway i can
just apply some sort of patch that will let me be able to only upgrade the
sound parts of the kernel?  i tried the latest version of OSS/Free, but that
still doesn't support PnP cards such as mine.  heck, if all else fails, i've
got a friend willing to trade me straight-up for his card (Ensoniq
SoundScape non-PnP), but that'd only be for the school year, so i dno't have
to f- w/ this card when i *should* be doing homework! : ^ )  ...  anyway,
let me know what you've found out about some of the 2.1.x kernels (as far as
stability), and which version you suggest...  also, when is 2.2.x coming
out?  sometimes, i like to live dangerously...  but not always w/ my os...

kaufman