Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: September 1998:
Re: [aclug-L] meeting suggestions

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [aclug-L] meeting suggestions
From: JOHNSTONE JEREMY S <jsjohnst@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 1998 10:36:09 -0500 (CDT)

So far, I've haven't found much of a need to run a WINE/WABI style
emulator, but occasionally I need to run some off the wall program I got
from somewhere and it only runs in Win3.1/95. In the rare cases that thjis
happens I have to reboot one of my linux boxes into Win95 to run it. The
problem is, the machine that can boot 95 is also my NFS file server
(probably bad choice) and I don't have a desire to dedicate a machine to 95.
That's why I wanted it. I do definitely agree about the Win/OS2 issue and
side with your opinion, but occassionally I do need Winbloze (ick)

Thanks, Jeremy