Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: August 1998:
Re: [aclug-L] Printer in debian 2

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx, wsimon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [aclug-L] Printer in debian 2
From: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 30 Aug 1998 09:03:37 -0500

Hello Wesley,

The reccommended setup in Debian 2.0 is to use the following two
packages:

  lprng                 (intead of lpd)
  magicfilter           (instead of apsfilter)

magicfilter comes with a nice configuration program; just install it (and
let it overwrite the existing printcap if it wants to).  Install lprng
as well.  It may be wise to reboot at this point.

Then, you can print files with:

lpr filename

If using lprng doesn't fix the problem, please send a copy of your
/etc/printcap with magicfilter and we'll see if anything looks wrong
in there.

John

--
John Goerzen   Linux, Unix consulting & programming   jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx |