Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: August 1998:
Re: [aclug-L] apache server

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [aclug-L] apache server
From: Truong Do <tcdo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 23:21:17 -0500 (CDT)

ifconfig command gives me two addresses: and inet address and P-t-P
address.  On my local machine, ping inet address returns network down
but ping from the internet host, it is online.  So what is wrong?
Another question is that I intend to run the web server on my machine (an
intranet server only) and I know the dynamic host name for my local
machine, eg, ict105.southwind.net, what is the URL to reach my local
machine on web browser?