Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: July 1998:
Re: [aclug-L] Freeciv and a stupid person...

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: ctl4u@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [aclug-L] Freeciv and a stupid person...
From: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 15 Jul 1998 21:53:52 -0500

What you need to do is set the FREECIV_DATADIR environment variable to
the path of your Freeciv data directory.  I'm not quite sure where
Freeciv's make install puts this by default.  The directory contains
files like helpdata.txt, intro.xpm, etc.

To set the variable, use something like:

export FREECIV_DATADIR=/usr/local/freeciv/data

or whatever the proper directory is.

Note that you can add that line to /etc/profile so you don't have to
type it each time.

John

--
John Goerzen   Linux, Unix consulting & programming   jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx |