Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: July 1998:
[aclug-L] Freeciv and a stupid person...

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Freeciv and a stupid person...
From: "Cory T. Lamb" <ctl4u@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 1998 17:29:15 -0500 (CDT)

Hey how's it going?  First of all I'd like to give my compliments to John
on the meeting, very informative!
Next I have a quick (I hope) Question.

I have compiled freeciv and have gotten it's running fine except that I
can't find docs on how to start a solo session and second of all when I
type "civclient"  i get this error:

[1] 3674 [hawkeye@legoland hawkeye]$ 1: Using fallback resources - which
is OK 0: Failed reading XPM file: data/tiles.xpm 0: The environment
variable FREECIV_DATADIR is '' 0: Check if you got read permissions to the
file

Could someone explain that to me and help me do what ever it is that I
need to do to get this running?

TIA,
~Cory