Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: July 1998:
[aclug-L] Re: Question

To: "Stephen A. Lee" <irondude@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Question
From: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 15 Jul 1998 14:14:34 -0500

Yes, you can boot from a floppy, and indeed you can make it boot
without a floppy if you convince LILO to install a boot sector on the
disk that your BIOS wants to do.  It is not a limitation of RedHat;
rather, it is a limitation of its install program (as you'll find with
most distributions as well.)  You can do a little manual editing of
lilo.conf and convince it to do what you want.

Take a look at the LILO documentation -- if you need more help, let us
know.

John

--
John Goerzen   Linux, Unix consulting & programming   jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx |