Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: June 1998:
[aclug-L] Re: xanim not working

To: James Lee <onma@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: xanim not working
From: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 29 Jun 1998 09:49:53 -0500

James Lee <onma@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

>  John, It works . now I can run
>         xplaymidi  file.mid
> and the sound is very good. Thanks a lot.

Great!

> Now I have a new problem with xanim
> I run    xanim +Sr   tender3.mov   and  It works properly. But it does not
> work
> with
> xanim +Sr  troops1.mov   or      xanim  troops1.mov

OK, there are several possibilities here.

First is that you may not have the correct format of the movie files
-- do not use QuickTime 3.

The second possibility is that your version of xanim may not come with
that specific type of support compiled in.  Where did you get xanim,
and which Linux distribution are you using?

Finally, it's possible that you have a corrupted download.

Try this, and we'll compare to what I get:

md5sum troops1.mov
ls -l troops1.mov

and paste the results in your reply e-mail.

If they match my results, we'll know you've got the correct file and
the problem is somewhere in the software.

--
John Goerzen   Linux, Unix consulting & programming   jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx |