Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: tetrinext: March 2000:
[tetrinext] Re: let's talk about the chat interface.

To: tetrinext@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [tetrinext] Re: let's talk about the chat interface.
From: Jared Johnson <solomon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2000 12:57:30 GMT

> Right now, they just slipped out of my head.  Any ideas on what features
> of IRC we should _not_ copy ?

well, i think we should totally drop everything DCC related...well, maybe file
transfer would be okay but i don't know it would be worh it, users don't really
feel like having everyone know their IP when signed onto the server.  Of course,
server ops should have easy access to IPs, just no one else =)

alot of features of Nickserv and Chanserv don't have to be carried over -- just
the basics.

alot of irc "modes" are also not needed.  some are, but not many.

btw, the quake console thing is a very good idea.  goodbye crappy partyline =)

time for breakfast, and then bed.  goodmorning goodnight.

--
Jared Johnson
solomon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

We are each entitled to our own opinion, but no one is entitled to his
own facts.
                -- Patrick Moynihan