Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: presentations: October 2002:
[presentations] Re: Monday meeting topic - 2nd Request

To: <presentations@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [presentations] Re: Monday meeting topic - 2nd Request
From: "Dale W Hodge" <dwh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 12:16:28 -0500

True. My original thought was to show what the various technologies are, and
then show why we selected PostNuke.  However, since I got some volunteers
for a Q&A session, I think we'll go ahead with that. My hope is that the
first hour would be a general Q&A sequeing into web topics and then into our
plans.

> If PostNuke doesn't work for us, then my decision would be to go
> back to my OpenACS prototype, since at least it works now, and
> declare that FBOW the official ACLUG website. If you want to do
> that, then I'll try to pull together an OpenACS presentation,
> using the website as an example. If you want to stick with
> PostNuke, then _you_ should pull together a presentation --
> and you have at least three example websites to work with.

Urgh.  That's more than I have time to do between now and then.  This may
still be something we'll want to do in the future.

> One big advantage of PostNuke (at least for a presentation) is
> that it's relatively easy for people to set up their own PN sites.
> (That's also an advantage to using PN for the ACLUG website, of
> course. And it's more likely to draw attendees, since it has the
> potential of adding to people's skillbase rather.)

That's kind of what I'm thinking. Maybe after we get the site running we can
showcase it in a web technology discussion.

> So, Dale, what I think is that you're on the spot here. This
> doesn't have to be long (30-45 minutes max.), and can segue into
> my agenda, which under the circumstances should start with how
> to add content to the PN-based ACLUG website -- the sysadmin
> and detail implementation issues can be postponed to another
> meeting, which we should merely schedule at Monday's meeting.
> Does this make sense?

Humm...  I think we'll leave Monday loose scripted and decide on which way
to go depending on the audience.  I'll see if I can pull some resources
together to do a mini-presentation.  We'll just play it by ear.

> As for Zope, I hope the word doesn't even come up.

Hehehe.

--dwh

---
Dale W Hodge - dwh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx