Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: presentations: October 2002:
[presentations] Re: Monday meeting topic - 2nd Request

To: <presentations@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "Aclug Committee" <committee@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [presentations] Re: Monday meeting topic - 2nd Request
From: "Dale W Hodge" <dwh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 10:53:04 -0500

Last we talked, he really hadn't researched it at all, so that's a no-go.

> I could go over zope or zope page templates, but I have no time to
> prepare anything, so I'd have to do it out of head which never works out
> well, but those are 2 things that are in my head :)

I know what you mean.  There are any number of technologies that I use
daily, but I can't say I'm fluent enough in them to give a good
presentation.  And you are right, top of the head presentations usually
suck.

> you want to go over post nuke? Or a discussion of various web
> technologies like Tom Hull suggested, with you doing post nuke, him
> doing open acs and me doing zope?

That might work.  It'll probably still be a top of the head presentation, so
who knows what the quality would be.  But a net conneciton might help us by
showing what happens behind the scenes.

Tom W: does the conference room have network connections, and is it
available Monday?

Tom Hull: what do you think?

--dwh

---