Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: April 2009:
Re: UID Validity Problem

To: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Nicolas Sebrecht <nicolas.s-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Daniel Skinner <skinner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: UID Validity Problem
From: Nicolas Sebrecht <nicolas.s-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 18:35:40 +0200

On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 10:33:23AM -0500, John Goerzen wrote:

> Oh?  I would always check a manpage first.  It's the canonical place to
> look for documentation on a *nix system.

But the man pages should not have _all_ the documentation, right?

We are talking about a particular behaviour which happens sometimes in a
normal running instance of offlineimap. Looking at how to resolve this
issue confirms that it is not related to the program _invocation_. That's
why I'd expect to find it in the FAQ.

--
Nicolas Sebrecht