Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: April 2009:
Re: UID Validity Problem

To: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Nicolas Sebrecht <nicolas.s-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Daniel Skinner <skinner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: UID Validity Problem
From: Nicolas Sebrecht <nicolas.s-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 16:13:38 +0200

On Mon, Apr 20, 2009 at 08:08:38PM -0500, John Goerzen wrote:

> > I've asked that question something like a week ago. I've got:
> > "Please see the section in the manpage on this topic."
>
> In seriousness, has that solved your problem?  If not, let us know how.

Not sure you're talking to me or to the OP. Anyway, I have no idea how
it is possible but the message disappeared without (and before) my
intervention.

> It is something of a FAQ, which is why it's in the manpage.

Which is somewhat embarrassing. The user expects to find that kind of
stuff in the FAQ, not in the manpage. The manpage stands to help users
to understand a command with its options. Somtimes it could explain how
to write a configuration file but never how to resolve a technical
issue.

[ Please, don't feel the above remark as a personnal reproach. I try to
figure out the user POV (which was mine one week ago). ]

--
Nicolas Sebrecht