Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: January 2008:
Re: Slowdown

To: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Aaron Kaplan <lists2546@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Slowdown
From: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2008 08:27:04 -0600

On Mon January 7 2008 5:58:35 pm Aaron Kaplan wrote:
> I just noticed that the version of offlineimap I've been using
> (3.99.17) is well over four years old.  How time flies.  I haven't had
> any problems with it, but out of curiosity I decided to pull in 5.99.2
> from the fedora repository.  It turns out to take consistently over
> twice as long as the old version to sync the same account.  Is this
> expected?

No, it's not, and I don't recall hearing anyone else having this problem.
But there are a lot of variables there.  You probably have had to upgrade
your Python version as well.  Are you using multithreaded sync?

What are the characteristics of your account?  Lots of folders?  Few or many
messages per folder?  What UI are you using?

Incidentally, 5.99.4 is the latest release.

-- John