Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: September 2007:
Re: offlineimap_5.99.2 not running

To: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: offlineimap_5.99.2 not running
From: Vincent Beffara <vbeffara+ml@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2007 09:59:14 +0200

Hi,

> ImportError: No module named subprocess
>=20
> I suspect i am missing some python module since my system is pretty old=
.
>  python -V
> Python 2.2.2
>=20
> and the system is redhat 9.
> Is my python version adequate? Is the a python module missing? where ca=
n i=20
> find it, if possible ?

You suppose right - 'subprocess' was apparently introduced in python
2.4, if I believe this PEP:

  http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0324/

I can testify that the same happens on python 2.3. So your best bet is
to upgrade python to at least 2.4. Maybe there is a compatibility module
available somewhere, but upgrading should be easier than finding it ...

  /vincent

--=20
Vincent Beffara
UMPA - ENS-Lyon