Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: September 2007:
Re: Local copy of message corrupt

To: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Local copy of message corrupt
From: Jean-Baptiste Quenot <jbq@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2007 09:38:17 +0200

* John Goerzen:

> On Tue August 21 2007 3:24:19 am Jean-Baptiste Quenot wrote:
>
> > Hi there,
> >
> > Thanks  for the  great program,  it saves  life!  The  tool is
> > very  powerful, so  powerful that  I already  came across  the
> > [1]unexpected mass-deletion of remote messages.
> >
> > Today I also notice a strange  thing: some new messages on the
> > IMAP  server  are  perfectly  valid, but  the  local  copy  is
> > corrupt.   The message  locally contains  one byte  (usually a
> > number such as '3' or '9').
>
> I  do recall  occasionally hearing  about that,  but I  think it
> was  years  ago.  One  of  the  annoying things  about  Python's
> imaplib.py, unfortunately.

The problem persists.

Can you  please elaborate just enough  so that I can  diagnose the
problem by myself?  I know how to program in Python but by looking
at imaplib.py  I'm a  bit lost.  Shall  I debug  IMAP4.fetch() for
example?  What method  do you think is the culprit?   Or is it the
whole imaplib that sucks?

Thanks for your time,
--
     Jean-Baptiste Quenot