Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: September 2007:
Re: Local copy of message corrupt

To: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Local copy of message corrupt
From: Jean-Baptiste Quenot <jbq@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 11:57:19 +0200

* Jean-Baptiste Quenot:

> The problem persists.
>
> Can you please elaborate just enough  so that I can diagnose the
> problem  by  myself?   I  know  how to  program  in  Python  but
> by  looking  at  imaplib.py  I'm  a bit  lost.   Shall  I  debug
> IMAP4.fetch()  for example?   What method  do you  think is  the
> culprit?  Or is it the whole imaplib that sucks?

I don't know if it helps to find the root cause, but it seems that
most  of  the  time,  this  problem  happens  when  I  post  to  a
mailing-list.  Here is an example scenario: I post to offlineimap,
I keep  my sent message  in the  offlineimap mailbox.  And  then I
receive a  copy of this message  from the mailing-list, and  it is
stored in the  "offlineimap" mailbox on the remote  server, thus I
should have a duplicate message locally, but most of the time this
copy is empty (one byte).

Does it help?
--
     Jean-Baptiste Quenot