Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: July 2007:
Re: Offlineimap and notebook computers

To: Gilles Roy <groy@xxxxxxx>
Cc: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Offlineimap and notebook computers
From: Raffi Khatchadourian <khatchad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2007 16:29:08 -0400

Gilles,

On Fri  6.Jul'07 at 16:11:23 -0400, Gilles Roy wrote:
>>On Fri, Jul 06, 2007 at 01:42:39PM -0400, John Goerzen wrote:
>>>On Fri July 6 2007 11:01:03 am Raffi Khatchadourian wrote:

>>>Has anyone experienced any difficulty using offlineimap and notebook
>>>computers?

>>Another alternative is to run OfflineIMAP from cron.

>It would be nice if instead of exiting on error, in autorefresh mode,
>it might just sleep a bit and restart itself.

Its funny that you mention that. I wrote a little bash script that does
exactly just that by wrapping the offlineimap command. Although, I still
find myself pressing 'q' to restart offlineimap after my notebook goes
to sleep in order to get it to start syncing right away. I would image
that as soon as people wake their notebook computers up from the sleep
the first thing they will want to do is to check their email :) Here's
the script in case anyone is interested:

#!/bin/bash
while [ true ]; do
        curl yahoo.com > /dev/null 2>&1
        if [ $? -eq 0 ]