Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: May 2006:
dovecot

To: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: dovecot
From: David Wallin <david.wallin@xxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 12:22:31 +0100

Has anyone here any experience with the offlineimap+dovecot combination?

I was trying to setup dovecot as a frontend to a maildir structure created by
offlineimap.

It turns out dovecot expects INBOX to be preceeded by '.':

Maildir/.INBOX
Maildir/.INBOX.foo
Maildir/.INBOX.bar

and so forth.

I can see two solutions here:

1) use nametrans to add a '.' to the directores retrieved by offlineimap,
2) connect IMAP to IMAP (somehow I think this might be slower?)

are there alternatives? what would be the preferred way?

cheers,

--david.