Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: May 2006:
password display problem

To: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: password display problem
From: Rachel Willmer <rwillmer@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 09:27:35 +0100

I'm trying out offlineimap for the first time, and so far, everything
seems to be going smoothly except one annoying problem to do with the
password.

Using the Tk.Blinkenlights UI, the problem is often the dialog box which
asks for the password does not display a password field. If I expand the
dialog, then the password field appears, but I can't get focus into it,
and end up having to kill the process manually, and try again.

This happens on a frequent but apparently random basis.

My configuration is Ubuntu Dapper which has offlineimap 4.0.11, tk8.4.

The changelog on the website stops giving information at 4.0.6 but I can
see that there is a 4.0.12 tarball available - is this a known problem
and should I upgrade to 4.0.12?

Or I suppose I could just use one of the other UI.

Thanks for any pointers

Rachel

PS Great program! If I can get disconnected IMAP working properly, I
will be very happy...