Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: May 2006:
OfflineIMAP + Wanderlust

To: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: OfflineIMAP + Wanderlust
From: David Wallin <david.wallin@xxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 23:06:08 +0100

Hi,

I have a problem with OfflineIMAP used with the MUA Wanderlust (WL). Or so I
think, anyway.

I sync emails from an IMAP server (hence the use of OfflineIMAP).
New mails end up in .INBOX on my local machine, WL then sorts the mails into
.INBOX.foo, .INBOX.bar and so forth.

When WL moves a mail from .INBOX to .INBOX.foo, it renames the file. When
OfflineIMAP syncs the local changes with the IMAP server, those mails that have
been moved & renamed, are renamed again (right?).
This causes a problem when I edit a message and offlineimap runs in the
background. Since this message is renamed during the time I write my reply, WL
gets confused when it tries to set the 'Answer' flag on the original email.

My guess is that the problem isn't really anyones fault (except mine for
insisting on having this setup), but is the renaming necessary on OfflineIMAPs
part? Could it be optional?

cheers,

--david.