Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: May 2006:
Re: OfflineIMAP + Wanderlust

To: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: OfflineIMAP + Wanderlust
From: David Wallin <david.wallin@xxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 02:05:29 +0100

At Wed, 17 May 2006 19:36:12 -0500,
John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Thu, May 18, 2006 at 12:55:49AM +0100, David Wallin wrote:

[...]

> > the Maildir structure used by OfflineIMAP. I think maybe using
> > OfflineIMAP as a IMAP to IMAP synchroniser would make sense ?
>
> Yes, exactly.  That's what I meant to suggest.  You have OfflineIMAP
> synchronize to your local IMAP server, whatever it may be, directly.
> Then you also have WL connect to your local IMAP server.
>
> Then you have only the IMAP server handling things, so this problem
> should be avoided.

Thanks, I'll look into that.

[...]

> > The problem occurs because I run Offlineimap as a cronjob, and the
> > filename could change while I edit the reply. I don't see how WL could
> > work any different in this case.
>
> Hmm.  mutt doesn't seem to have any problem.  I wonder what it's doing?

Is mutt changing the filename of the files it moves to another maildir? I guess
OfflineIMAP doesn't alter the filename if the file is just copied from one
maildir to the next, if it doesn't, and mutt doesn't, the name will stay the
same after Offlineimap has synchronised local changes back to the IMAP server.
Does this make sense?

--david.