Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: March 2006:
Re: offlineimap, mutt and exchange.

To: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Steve Traylen <s.traylen@xxxxxxxx>, offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: offlineimap, mutt and exchange.
From: Andrew Biggadike <biggadike@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 09:40:03 -0800

John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 17, 2006 at 08:48:07AM -0800, Andrew Biggadike wrote:
> > I posted about a similar problem last week.  I investigated enough to
> > find that -- for some reason -- offlineimap is creating Maildir files
> > with invalid flags.  The diff below fixed my problem and I haven't
> > yet had time to figure out why savemessageflags() is getting called
> > with invalid flags such as '(', '\\', 'e'.
>
> That is very odd, and I've never seen it.  Thanks for the diff, but I'd
> rather identify the root cause of the problem.  If you can shed light on
> that, it'd be great.

I completely agree about the diff, and I'm glad to hear you say that;
I provided it simply as a temporary workaround.  I will see if I can
make some time to investigate further over the weekend.

> Note that OfflineIMAP 3.99.2 added:
>
>   * OfflineIMAP now moves messages between new and cur in Maildir when
>     flags have changed on the server.
>
> That seems to be the correct behavior though.

I have not had any problems with respect to messages being moved
between new and cur, just incorrect flags on the info portion of
messages in cur.

> What version of OfflineIMAP are you all using?

I'm using 4.0.11 out of the Debian testing package.