Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: October 2005:
Re: Multiple Accounts

To: Jon Riddle <list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Multiple Accounts
From: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 07:49:14 -0500

On Wed, Oct 19, 2005 at 11:37:58PM -0500, Jon Riddle wrote:
> But I don't want to set the defaults for everything.  I want to define a
> remote repository and a local repository (both IMAP servers in my case)
> and have one account section per user, with usernames and passwords in
> each section.  Not being familiar with Python, I have no idea how
> difficult this would be to implement.  If you can point me in the
> direction of the config parser, I can start hacking my way though it.

At this point, I'd really rather suggest writing a script (in whatever
language) to generate the .offlineimaprc file yourself, rather than
hacking up OfflineIMAP or Python.  But I see someone else has already
suggested that and posted an example, so I'll move on ;-)

The docs for ConfigParser can be found at
http://docs.python.org/lib/module-ConfigParser.html