Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: October 2005:
Multiple Accounts

To: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Multiple Accounts
From: Jon Riddle <list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2005 15:20:51 -0500

I am still waiting to be subscribed to the list, so please cc: me on any
replies for the time being.

I am not a Python guy (yet), but how hard would be to have the ability
to move the remoteuser and remotepass directives to the Account section
(as an option, of course)?

Here is my reasoning:  I have been looking for a way to sync two mail
servers (relatively small for now, ~20 users), and as I see from the
discussion archive, others are doing this.  If there were logic in the
program that, upon finding remoteuser and remotepass directives in the
Account section, would use that user and pass for both repositories.
As I understand it now (and please correct me if I'm wrong), I have to
set up an Account and two Repository sections for each user (for ~61
sections total).  If I had the ability to move the remoteuser/remotepass
directives into the Account sections, I could cut this down to ~23
sections (general, repository 1, repository 2, ~20 accounts).  Thoughts?

Jon