Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: August 2005:
Re: Syncing local moved mails or newly created folders to remote reposit

To: Patrick Jaeger <patrick.jaeger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Syncing local moved mails or newly created folders to remote repository fails
From: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2005 08:39:56 -0500

On Sat, Aug 06, 2005 at 01:44:05PM +0200, Patrick Jaeger wrote:
> Following the suggestion in its complete sample configuration file I set
>
> nametrans = lambda foldername: re.sub('^INBOX\.*', '.', foldername)
>
> to use my local Repositories as courier-imap INBOXes.
>
> To make this work I needed to apply the attached patch. I must admit I
> don't remember where I found it.

Hi Patrick,

Unfortunately, the mailing list stripped out the patch you sent.  Can
you please e-mail it to me directly?

> Accessing my local repositories either via imap or via Maildir-Access in
> either gnus or mutt and moving a mail from one folder to another this
> does not get synchronized back to my Remote-Repository.

So you're saying that OfflineIMAP doesn't delete the message from the
folder it was in, and that it also doesn't make it appear in the new
folder?  It sounds like a configuration problem to me.  I've never heard
of it totally not noticing things like this.  Your .offlineimaprc may be
useful here.

> Same goes for newly created folders - their existence in my local
> repository does not trigger a remote creation.

That is expected.  OfflineIMAP does not create new folders on the remote
end.