Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: August 2005:
Re: Errors synching large dirs

To: Sweth Chandramouli <offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Errors synching large dirs
From: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2005 08:37:48 -0500

On Mon, Aug 08, 2005 at 06:51:24PM -0400, Sweth Chandramouli wrote:
> I'm trying to synch some very large IMAP dirs, and a few of them
> in particular are failing every few messages with the following error:
>
> ValueError: invalid literal for long():

To troubleshoot that, I'll need a debug log.  Run offlineimap -d imap -1
and save the result to a file.  Scrub any passwords or sensitive data
from that, and send it along.

> Any suggestions about what the problem might be?  Each time I
> restart the process, it continues fine for a few messages before
> the next error; when offlineimap fails during a transfer, does it
> somehow remember the "bad" message, and skip it during the next
> attempt, or is it actually successfully downloading the problematic
> messages on subsequent runs?

Nope, it doesn't remember the bad message.  This is interesting, and may
indicate a server issue.  What server are you running?

> (Also, is there any way to manually "seed" a local repository for

No.  The reason is that OfflineIMAP must match the local messages with
the UID assigned by the server.  Hopefully if the error gets fixed, then
everything would be OK.