Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: August 2005:
Errors synching large dirs

To: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Errors synching large dirs
From: Sweth Chandramouli <offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2005 18:51:24 -0400

I'm trying to synch some very large IMAP dirs, and a few of them
in particular are failing every few messages with the following error:

ValueError: invalid literal for long():

Any suggestions about what the problem might be?  Each time I
restart the process, it continues fine for a few messages before
the next error; when offlineimap fails during a transfer, does it
somehow remember the "bad" message, and skip it during the next
attempt, or is it actually successfully downloading the problematic
messages on subsequent runs?

(Also, is there any way to manually "seed" a local repository for
offlineimap?  Some of these dirs are archive dirs w/ 30k+ messages,
and it's taking forever to synch them up, especially w/ the above
errors, which interrupt the downloads whenever I leave the synch
to run while I go to work or sleep.  I've got all of the messages
in maildir format locally already, but if I drop them in the
local repository, I end up w/ duplicate messages, presumably because
offlineimap doesn't recognize the local messages as being the same
as the remote ones.  Is there some way I can rename the files on
either/both of the IMAP server and the local repository to make
offlineimap think that the local and remote messages are the same
(since they are)?)

TIA,

Sweth.

--
Sweth Chandramouli / 703-244-7112 / <http://EthicalHomes.com/>
Thinking about buying a home, but feel like the local real estate market