Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: August 2005:
message UID error, courier-dovecot

To: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: message UID error, courier-dovecot
From: "Anandroop Ray" <aroop@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 18:07:29 +0530 (IST)

I'm trying to sync a remote courier-imap server and a local dovecot
server.   As suggested by John Goerzen in a linux weekly article I read,
I'm using type = IMAP for the local repository in .offlineimaprc.

When there are no messages to sync, there's no hassle. The moment I send a
test email, this is what happens - I get this strange error - messages get
messed up (not lost) and the program aborts. The last line of the error
message is:

  File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/offlineimap/folder/UIDMaps.py",
line 158, in savemessage
    raise ValueError, "Backend could not find uid for message"
ValueError: Backend could not find uid for message

However, when I sync between courier and local Maildir (instead of local
IMAP), things work as they should.

I don't get it. Any ideas??

Thanks
Anandroop Ray