Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: May 2006:
[linux-help] xorg.conf hacking?

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] xorg.conf hacking?
From: Olwe Bottorff <galanolwe@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 7 May 2006 08:36:26 -0700 (PDT)

I've got my laptop running with Fed5, firgured out
what I was doing wrong and the ftp install went
trudgingly but very smoothly. (6+ hours on a Cox cable
connection) Now I'd like to use my main monitor. The
laptop card is an old S3 Savage 8mb, but it should
power my monitor up to ca. 1200 1000 24depth range at
a refresh of at least 70hz. But how do you tell
xorg.conf to go to 70 or 75hz refresh? It defaults to
eyestraining flickering 60hz. That's not healthy....

LB