Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: May 2006:
[linux-help] Re: Laptop Install Probs

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Re: Laptop Install Probs
From: Jeff Vian <jvian10@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 05 May 2006 15:20:04 -0500

On Fri, 2006-05-05 at 12:36 -0700, Olwe Bottorff wrote:
> I'm not very knowledgable about setting up an ftp
> server on my main box, so I went out to a mirror. So
> after linux askmethod I walk through to the screen
> with the ftp addresses. However, I keep getting the
> error:
>
> failed to retrieve
> /pub/fedora/linux/core/5/i386/iso/repodata/repomd.xml
>
> Then
>
> Unable to retrieve
> ftp://mirror.colorado.edu//pub...
>
> The double // doesn't seem to be correctable!
>
> I'm obviously doing something wrong here....

For more detailed information on Fedora 5 you can try the official wiki
at  http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/

or the unofficial but very informative pages at
 http://stanton-finley.net/fedora_core_5_installation_notes.html

Those will give you more detailed and tested information than I can
provide, and are a couple of the sources I use.